There is a range of ladders available for home use as well as industrial/commercial usage.
While, workers who need to scale modest heights such as reaching the mezzanine floor or a building structure or crossing over to the next structure conveniently find the ship ladders suitable, you may go ahead and invest in a residential ship ladder instead of opting for a traditional item.
Designed for accessing tight corners and lofty areas with little or restricted space, such ladders had been a fixture in watercrafts namely ships, yachts, and commercial boats carrying passengers or cargo. Sure, the incline of the rugs or tiers is relatively steeper in these ladders but almost all such ladders are manufactured by following OSHA regulations thereby ensuring safety.
Why should a ship ladder be utilized at home? Well, this is a common refrain but the reason is apparent in the design. You will be thrilled to learn that you can use the best ship ladders even around children. You are welcome to use the steep yet safety-enhanced ladders for bunk beds that will enable young children to climb up and down as necessary
- Accessing the loft when there is too little space to maneuver a traditional ladder is down perfectly when you decide to invest in a ship ladder.
- Go down to the basement and remove the stored items as and when needed. The ship ladder will enable you to reach into the depths when there is no other access.
- Spruce up the nursery by having the ship ladder handy. You may use it to decorate the room from time to time. Your kids may ascend to the storage space to keep their belongings neatly too. You thus get to cut the clutter and ensure safety for the boisterous kids who are only too happy to run around.
- The ship ladder is certainly a product that you may use when adding an extra level to your home or utilizing vertical space inside the garage, tool shed, and garden. The interiors will remain aesthetically appealing and you get an opportunity to store the additional yet necessary items without turning your home into an eye sore.
- What’s more, convert the loft into an additional room and take in a tenant or two thus creating an additional source of income. You do not have to indulge in construction work either. Have a fixed ship ladder installed at the door of the lot to help with the entrance and egress as required.
- Ship ladders come in a wide variety making it convenient for you to manage your home and work equally well. Well, you may feel the need to use a crossover platform ladder yet another type of ship ladder when you have to cross over intricate piping, conduits, and high-risk electric connections.
- Accessing the roof from the outside becomes easy and hassle-free when you invest in a Hatch Access Ladder designed to comply with OSHA standards.
Remember that the ladders may have been used primarily for ships and watercraft earlier but you can always harness the power of a quality residential ship ladder to streamline your household tasks too.